Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Interview: Fashion designer - LHLY

Trendy fashion design student from Singapore, Linda Hao, is taking the fashion world by storm. Owner, designer and producer of fashion label LHLY, Linda is well on her way to becoming a fashion superstar. Read on to see what Linda had to say about her label and latest obsessions!

Q-How did you get into fashion design?
A-Doing fashion has always been my dream, and so once I got the chance to study it, I wanted to learn anything and everything about it.

Q-What inspires your designs?
A-I like to wander on the streets alone and simply watch people and human behaviour. Architecture and books also contribute to my everyday inspirations.

Q-Tell me about it your fashion label.
A-My label is LHLY, and it is created from the initials of my name (Linda Hao Liyuan). It represents who I really am and what I want people to be influenced by. I design a lot of clothes that I like to see girls wearing, however not necessarily things that I would wear myself. Most of my stuff consists of very vibrant in colours. They are available on my website, and I sell internationally.

Q-If you could design an outfit for anyone, who would it be and why?
A-I would say Ai Tominaga as she is my favourite model.

Q-Tell me about your latest obsession?
A-My latest obsession is dresses with ruffled shoulders. I can't control my spending if I see those dress or tops.

Q-Who are your favourite designers?
A-Gareth Pugh, Sonia Rykiel, Meadham Kirchhoff, Vivienne Westwood, Marc Jacobs...

Q-What do you hope to achieve in the next few years?
A-I hope that LHLY will do well and gain more exposure by having consignments in boutiques or having a store of its own.

To follow Linda visit her blog or website

No comments:

Post a Comment